James E. Ferguson, III
Areas of Practice:
Labor & Employment Law
Litigation: Trial & Appellate Practice
Property, Casualty and Life Insurance
Jim has practiced corporate and employment law for over twenty years.
Jim is a member of the Alabama State Bar and Birmingham Bar Association, the Defense Research Institute, the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association, and the Employment Law Section of the American Bar Association. He has also served as a Speaker and Program Coordinator, Council on Education in Management; and as Special Deputy Attorney General, State of Alabama.
His experience also includes resolution of matters through alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) including mediation, arbitration, and administrative hearings, and he has completed mediator training through the American Arbitration Association.
Jim is AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- Alabama State Bar
- J.D., University of Alabama, 1986
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Alabama in Huntsville, 1976