Brian V. Cash
Areas of Practice:
Governmental & Administrative Law
Public Finance and Economic Development
Brian’s practice is focused on public finance, municipal law, affordable housing, and economic development, bringing sharp attention to detail and innovative solutions to financing for public entities. During that time he has served bond counsel, disclosure counsel, issuer’s counsel, underwriter’s counsel and trustee counsel for a variety of tax-exempt and taxable transactions. He served as bond counsel for a first of its kind joint issuance by thirty-seven Alabama housing authorities of $125,250,000 in bonds secured by HUD capital fund grants. That transaction was named 2003 “Deal of the Year” for the Southeastern United States by the Bond Buyer.. Representing developers and municipalities, Brian has negotiated incentive agreements and structured tax-exempt financings for significant economic development projects throughout Alabama. Brian has extensive experience financing educational facilities, including higher education, and incentives for economic development projects. He has performed significant work in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, locally, through the regional office and in Washington D.C., as counsel to Fannie Mae, a contractor for Section 8 multifamily housing, and various developers of affordable housing. Brian as extensive experience advising municipal governments in bidding, contracting, disaster management, tax matters, planning and urban removal. As counsel to several small businesses and nonprofits, Brian has provided extensive advice as to general corporate governance and cost effective solutions to litigation.
In law school, Brian was served on the Managing Board of the Alabama Law Review and was a member of the John A. Campbell Moot Court Board. He is listed in the Bond Buyer’s Municipal Marketplace “Red Book,” and is a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers, a lifetime member of the National Eagle Scout Association, and Alabama State Bar 2010 Leadership Forum Class 6.
Brian is AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Board of Directors, Magic City Harvest, 2006-Present, Chairman 2009-Present
- Board of Directors, Ducks Unlimited Downtown Birmingham, 2006-2010
- Member, YMBC Civic Forum 2002-Present, President, 2006-Present, Vice-President, 2005-2006
- Board of Directors, Conservation Alabama, 2009-2013
- Board of Directors, Junior Patrons of the Birmingham Museum of Art, 2002-2007
- Board of Directors, Conservation Alabama Foundation, 2009 – Present, Vice-Chairman 2014 – Present
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- United States Tax Court
- Alabama State Bar
- J.D., University of Alabama, 2000
- B.A., cum laude, Birmingham-Southern College, 1997