David S. Maxey
Areas of Practice:
Governmental & Administrative Law
Labor & Employment Law
Public Health Law
David represents both business debtors and creditors in commercial bankruptcies, and has a substantial practice in environmental law, public health law, governmental and administrative law, and labor and employment. David serves as general counsel for the Jefferson County Board of Health and was formerly Deputy Attorney General for the State of Alabama Plumbers and Gas Fitters Examining Board.
David is a member of the American Bar Association (section member of Environment, Energy and Resources; Health Law and Labor and Employment Law). He is also a member of the Alabama State Bar, the Birmingham Bar Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute and Health Care Compliance Association.
David is AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- Alabama State Bar
- J.D., Birmingham School of Law, 1982
- B.A., University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1976