John P. McKleroy, Jr.
Areas of Practice:
Wills, Estates & Trusts
John concentrates his practice in general corporate, business, estate planning, estate administration and real estate transactions. John has practiced law continuously with Spain & Gillon, LLC since 1968.
John is a member of the Birmingham Bar Association and Alabama State Bar, Probate Section, the Mortgage Bankers Association and the Estate Planning Council of Birmingham. While in law school, John was a member of the Board of Editors of the Alabama Law Review and was selected a member of the Alabama Chapter of The Order of the Coif.
John is AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Board of Directors, Golden Enterprises, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Vice President and Secretary, Bashinsky Foundation, Inc.
- Member, President’s Cabinet of the University of Alabama
- Member of Birmingham Monday Morning Quarterback Club
- Member of Brookwood Baptist Church, former Chairman of the Board of Deacons, Sunday School Director and Finance Committee member
- Former member of the University of Alabama Planned Giving Advisory Committee
- Former member of the Rotary Club of Birmingham
- Former member of Board of Directors of Birmingham Tip-Off Club
- All trial and appellate courts in the State of Alabama
- LL.M. in Taxation, University of Alabama, 1979
- J.D., University of Alabama, 1968
- B.S., Wayne State University and University of Alabama, 1965